Friday, February 4, 2011

Superbowl Challenge



I have decided that maybe what I need to keep up with my blog is to set some food challenges for myself. So in the spirit of cheering on the Steelers in this Sunday's Superbowl, I am going to try my hand a making a Pittsburgh original — Primanti Bros. Sandwiches!

For those of you unfamiliar with Primanti's, they are a Pittsburgh institution. Check out their website: www.primantibros.com. Be sure to watch the videos in the news section. These sandwiches are a meal in themselves! Choice of meat topped with provolone cheese, oil & vinegar slaw, tomatoes and fresh cut french fries on soft Italian bread. My favorite is the roast beef, so tomorrow I will be baking my bread and roasting the beef for Sunday's event. I'll also be making hand-cut fresh fries on Sunday. We will have both roast beef and the popular capicola varieties. Now if only I could get my hands on some Yeungling Lager for the party!!

Stay tuned for an update on the roast beef and the bread tomorrow and the sandwich challenge after the big game! Cheers!

No comments: